9 Reasons Your Acne Keeps Coming Back
Not knowing the reason why your acne keeps returning can be one of the most frustrating things. Before you start blaming your products read on to see what culprits could be responsible for those blemishes and also what to do about it!
- You don’t have a consistent skincare routine. Just because your acne cleared for a brief amount of time, it doesn’t mean that you should abandon the habit of cleansing your face properly. Stick to the program and watch your skin improve.
- Your diet is breaking you out. It doesn’t matter if you are using the best products for your skin. Food such as dairy causes the increase production of pore clogging sebum and inflammation.
- Sleeping on dirty sheets. While you sleep, the skin uses the time to repair itself by shedding the dead cells. If your pillow cases aren’t being washed often, dead skin cells and oil begins to harbor all that bacteria that can multiply on your face.
- Hydration is key. Not properly hydrating your skin results in producing more oil.
- You’re not exfoliating. Exfoliating your skin 2-3 times a week is important in preventing sebum build-up of bacteria and dead skin cells that get trapped in the pores.
- Your makeup is probably causing skin irritation so be sure to investigate the ingredients and look out for artificial fragrances and dyes.
- Over cleansing can dry up your face which then leads to oily skin.
- You are touching your face too much. Picking at your skin introduces more germs, increases the chances of scarring, and can increase inflammation — which means more breakouts.
- Dirty makeup brushes. If you want a clear complexion you have to wash your makeup brushed often. Otherwise bacteria will grow on them and transfer onto your skin.
Board-certified Medical Doctor, Femalepreneur, Founder of Schique Beauty skincare product line, Business Woman, and internationally celebrated author.
Dr. Jacqueline Schaffer is an American entrepreneur and businesswoman, and author of the International Best Selling book, Irresistible You, a complete, medically sound, guide to skincare, and dietary guidelines that affect the skin.
Motivations and Beginnings
After completing medical school, Jacqueline affected deeply by her mother’s contraction of Skin Cancer for a second time – and the fact this affliction was partially attributed to harsh and toxic ingredients found in beauty and skincare products. Shocked by this fact, and determined to prevent this from happening to other women, Jacqueline researched the beauty product industry in depth – learning about the origins of the packaging the products came in, the supply chain involved in creating a product, and most importantly, the exact molecular composition of each and every ingredient in the products being marketed today.
As she discovered more about the impact of this process, she became even more determined to change how these products were made, distributed, and to educate women about the dangers and toxicity in some of the beauty and skincare products available. This led her to develop her own natural skincare product line, Schique, producing and distributing natural and ethically sound beauty and skincare products.
Femalepreneur and Women’s Empowerment Advocate
In creating her own product line, managing her own successful company, and promoting her ideas and products globally, she gained a unique knowledge and perspective on the many challenges and strains that affect a female business owner, or Femalepreneur. This became a foundational idea for her – that women in business face a different set of challenges, and that empowering women to succeed can truly make a difference in the world we live in. This became a focus and passion in her career, and she began speaking publicly and mentoring women worldwide on how to develop their own business, succeed in getting their ideas and innovations heard and represented. As a result, she has been featured on She Built It, Clever Girl Finance for Helping Women Grow their Business from the Ground Up, has appeared on Business Rockstars as a speaker on Mentorship, and Her Campus on How She Got There. She has also appeared on CBS, NBC, Money Inc., Entrepreneur, and many others.
Her quest to share her experiences and empower like-minded women to succeed in business, has made her a sought after global public speaker on these subjects. As an advocate for change and women’s empowerment, she’s had the opportunity to meet and collaborate with some of world’s strongest female business owners and operators, and has begun organizing a community, that she has branded Femalepreneur – and plans to create a learning platform for women’s business education, and host events and gatherings worldwide, introducing and sharing ideas with the global audience. She currently has several new books underway to assist and guide women in the business development process.
Well Recognized and In the Media
As a public figure, Jacqueline Schaffer has been recognized and nominated alongside Jessica Alba, Jen Atkin, David Olsen, Gregg Renfew, Anna Tran, and others in the LA Fashion Beauty Awards.
She has appeared on the TVSN Network, CBS, NBC, Money Inc., Enterpreneur, to name only a few, introducing her philosophy and natural products to millions of viewers, and has taught skin physiology, clear skin improvement programs, and the effect of neurohormones to celebrities such as Olivia Culpo, Jeanine Mai, and the founder of multi-million dollar company Think Thin, Lizanne Falsetto.